Thursday, April 26, 2007

Praising God for a Good Report

After much consultation I was advised to seek out a different surgeon. There were some concerns that there may be complications in my surgery and the resection of the tumor may require a more specialized surgeon.
My appointment with the new surgeon however left us shocked to say the least. After reviewing my CT scan done in the hospital he was seriously concerned that the tumor had invaded my bladder. He began to discuss the possibility of not even being able to remove the tumor or having to take my bladder as well. I could not believe what I was hearing. He ordered an MRI, which I had done on April 13th. My MRI results were to be reviewed by both the board of surgeons and a team of radiologists at Emory University.

On Sunday April 15th, I desperately needed a touch from God. During our worship service I felt the desire to just go kneel at the altar. I just wanted to worship at the feet of Jesus. I felt like the woman needing to press through the crowd and touch the hem of Jesus' garment. I resisted going for a few minutes as there was no call to come to the altar so I would be very noticed. But God continued to nudge me forward. As I went I grabbed the hand of a sister in the Lord who desperately needs a healing touch from the Lord as well.
As we knelt at the altar I boldly cried out to the Lord and presented my very specific request. I needed a miracle. The next thing I knew people were around us praying. The pastor came over and prayed. It was powerful!!! When I finally got up to return to my seat I noticed that the whole altar was covered with people who had come forward to seek God's touch as well. Our pastor was in tears as he felt the sweet move of the Spirit
I came home and began watching the Visual Bible - A dramatization of the book of Matthew. It is awesome. As the leper came to Jesus and said "if you are willing you can heal me". The actor portraying Jesus looked right into the face of the leper and said "I am willing" It was as if the Lord was looking right at me. "I am willing"
God continued to encourage me through out the week and I have gotten stronger and stronger since that day. My strength is improving and I almost feel normal again (Brad says I was never normal - Ha, Ha)

On Monday, April 23, the surgeon finally called me with their conclusions.
There is NO bladder involvement and only a slight chance of bone involvement which could be easily taken care of with surgery. They saw no other complications and my surgery date is set for Wednesday, May 9th. Praise God!!!!!!!!!!!
I continue to pray that I will soon be fully recovered as I am ready to get on with all the Lord has in store for me to do.
Thank you all for your continued prayers and support. I love you all.
To God be the Glory!!!

Sincerely, Sue Becker

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh My Sister~

As I read your words and imagine your face set like a flint(Isaiah 50.7), it is the glorious expansion of your faith that I see bringing such pleasure to God.
I am strengthened and so encouraged in my own battle for faith as I read testimony of yours.

Your message will not be thwarted.
Every time I fire up my WhisperMill, I pray for you and thank my God for every remembrance of you. Our bread is better than ever!

I look ahead to the day I can sit in a Sue workshop and let my heart sing, "Look what the LORD has done"

With His love and in His grace,
~Laura Lynn

Marci said...

Oh Sue... PRAISE THE LORD!!!!

Heather said...

Thank you for the update -- what an awesome testimony! Praising God for all He is doing in your life!

Blessings!

~Heather

Thumper said...

As ONE who has been there physically, spiritually, mentally, I will for the sake of time say, "Pray in the Spirit CONSTANTLY" and HE will talk w/you. HE has you in HIS LAP I hope you know. If you cannot hear HIS Heartbeat yet, press in. WAIT on The LORD with WORSHIP from your being. HE told me, "YOU do NOT leave this place until YOU and I SAY" !!!! Agree with the Lord and SAY with your mouth. I SHALL LIVE AND NOT DIE... Psalm 118 & 119 is what HE gave me upon waking from surgery...HE is in control dear one. Ignore and keep away from negative people while you go thru this process of growth and development. Negative WORDS will get you sick! I am trying to write my book now. 1993 and I was not to live 7 more days with doctors telling me "it is all in your head" !!! 3 month old tumor in chest (non-Hodgkins Lymphoma) Emergency Room 3rd visit different hospital and city, and x-ray showed it. Huge grapefruit crushing the life out of me; BUT GOD! But GOD! I did not have time to seek alternatives. The Lord told me "Obey the doctors"... so I had chemo... they bombed the life out of me... almost. Ask me. Ask me anything. We'll get the answers together. (p.s. bind all symptoms and Worship HIM)... "In the NAME that is above ALL NAMES,JESUS,and I, a Emissary of the MOST HIGH, SAY, "Sue, HEALING BE!" "NOW" "you ARE HEALED" Hebrews 11:3 things which are seen were NOT made of things VISiBLE !!!!!" get it? LOOK until you do. Holy Spirit opened my eyes until it hit me and I understood, truely understand, ALL THINGS you can see were created out of things you cannot see! neat, hunh? God Bless and Keep your family as this season goes...
FRAMED: to arrange, set in order, equip, adjust, complete what is lacking, make fully ready, repair, prepare. The word is combination of kata "down" and artios, "complete" "fitted". It is used for the disciples MENDING their nets and for RESTORING a fallen brother. Omen!

Thumper said...

Dear Sue, I probably met you years ago. Yesterday I posted a short letter to you but I must have hit preview and not publish...dog! It was soo good to! Hebrews 11:3 YOU, are walking out your manifestation of healing. Get in the Spirit and stay there inside of Glory looking out. Listen for HIS heartbeat. You shall NOT die, but live and HE told me to tell you that YOU will NOT leave this place (footstool) until YOU and HE SAY. Not until. Period. Stay Strong. Speak LIFE and do not stop praying in the Spirit. This is a lesson to be learned. A book to be written so others will read.... What you see was created by things NOT seen. It is in the invisible that you will draw out into the Visible the manifestation of All your needs. Do not let your mouth speak negative. REBuke all neg words from Doctors too! Do not receive people who Hope and Wish prayers for you... Keep LIFE on your tongue at all times and on the tongues of your family members. In good deeds they can do harmful things by speaking doubt. Sue, as an Emissary of Jesus, I say, "healing BE, NOW" 'in Jesus' Name. and, the world was created when HE SAID. and Jesus SAID. and Sue SAYS...

mamasizey said...

Dear Sue,
We have never met, I'm not even a homeschooler, but thanks to a couple dear sisters in Christ, the Lord brought me you on DVD and I just cried for hours as I watched the Lord answer my prayers for my 1 year old son through you. My little guy just finished his 22nd round of antibiotics in 23 months. His adenoids are probably going to have to be removed because the infection is so gross, but his sinuses have never been better after eating the wheat. I praise God for you and will continue praying for your total healing. Take comfort in Psalm 27. May the Lord bless you and keep you.
With love,
Amy Sizemore

Angie said...

Praise the Lord for His mercies! We are still praying for you, Sue. Thank you for keeping us updated. We hope to see you soon.

-Angie

Unknown said...

Sue, keep us posted on how you are doing. You have been on my mind. I praise God for the good report in your last post.

Blessings,
Donna Scott